|Location:||Whitby, ON (Canada)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The 407 East Construction General Partnership have been awarded the contract to design, build, finance and maintain Highway 407 East Phase 1. The project includes 11 interchanges, including 2 freeway to freeway, realignment of Lakeridge Road; 20.3 KM of new built 407 East main line; 5 KM re-aligned 401; 10 KM of new built West Durham Link; 100 structures (23 culverts or arches/boxes, 77 bridge structures.); 175 ha of ecological restoration, including habitat creation for 5 identified, endangered species; 8.8 KM of stream, realignment/restoration; a large archeological program, habitation of a number of contaminated sites; and a large landscaping program. |
The position of Legal Counsel will provide counsel to the project.
|Duties:||• Provide analysis and counsel on numerous legal, policy and environmental issues.|
• Negotiate and draft various types of vendor, client and employment contracts and other legal documents.
• Assist in investigating and managing of third-party claims.
• Management and supervision of outside counsel.
• Advise the company and affiliates on all legal matters, including labor matters.
• Represent the company in various legal proceedings, including collection matters.
• Develop and recommend policies on numerous legal issues.
• Draft pleadings, motions, discovery, corporate resolutions and agreements, etc.
• Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles and other documents.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor of Laws|
• Call to the Bar of the Province of Ontario
• Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience
• Transactional experience in a corporate legal department or law firm environment.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting numerous types of construction-related contracts, including P3 agreements.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.